1) Hollidaysburg American Legion Ambulance Service Members are entitled to unlimited emergency medical services that meet medical necessity guidelines. Medical necessity is established when the patient could not be transported by any other means without endangering their health. If the patient could be transported by a wheelchair van, car, taxi, etc., then medical necessity does not apply.
2) The base rate for transports to hospitals outside the local area (including non-emergency transports) are also covered by the terms of the membership. Non-emergency transports may require pre-authorization by a physician and your insurance carrier.
3) When membership status (i.e. individuals to rest home) address or any additions or deletions to the membership change, the member must notify the business office.
4) When the membership is purchased after the campaign drive ends, there will be a 30 day waiting period for all non-emergency transports.
5) Services not covered- Round trip transports for treatment and/or special services at other facilities while you are a patient in the hospital and/or transportation to a facility when the same services was available at a closer facility.as available at a closer facility.
6) Failure to comply with the terms of the membership may void all future benefits
of your membership.
7) This membership authorizes the Hollidaysburg American Legion Ambulance Service to bill and receive any available funds due from Medicare or other insurance carriers for services rendered. Mileage charges outside of the service area are not covered by the membership and may be billed to the member if not covered by insurance.